Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Bestest Friend has come out to PLAY!

My dearest pal and bestest buddy is coming to play with me in Penticton next August. That's right, the Wev is officially registered for Ironman Canada 08 and British Columbia bound. Since I was going to be near a computer (actually several of throughout the hospital), I had registration duty. Starting at 12:57, I kept hitting the refresh button for the website every 20 seconds. At 12:58:30, the active.com link came up--Score! I click on it...another page to confirm that it was indeed the Subaru Ironman Canada in Penticton, B.C. that I wanted...click "register now" and...
"Due to the high volume, you may experience a delay..." DELAY?! No F@*KING WAY! It was one thing to register for myself--I'm feeling some extra weight of responsibility to register for someone else. I go back to the IMC website, click the active.com link again, try a different register now link, try opening my own active.com account, new guest accounts...repeat, repeat, repeat. I'm opening more and more windows with the same stupid delay message. I will NOT be thwarted by some bitch-ass server moving at glacial speed. Finally, I get onto the registration page. Now calm and controlled typing of Kevin's info and...ahhh...he's officially registered at 10:04 PDT. It is a triumph of my manic compulsive behaviour!
I am so happy that he shall be joining me for this adventure. I feel like it has already started: the house has been swept clean of empty calories, training plans are being hatched, the hunt for lodging continues (Nathalie has been an ACE at it!), race nutrition is getting tweaked, and the overall excitement is barely containable.
This race will be our first Ironman done together. Team Kevtima goes to B.C. (of course, the Kev part will cross the finish line hours before the other half claws her way across). I can't imagine a more wonderful race with my dear friend and training pal, Nathalie and the Kevster. It's like we all made the same kick ball team...now it's time to play!

No comments: