Saturday, February 17, 2007

Marian, February 17th, 2007

This was a tough mental week. It was very cold and windy outside. No swimming, pools closed. No running, roads are out of the question anddriving to the gym was taking way too long. I had three doctors appointments which made my already busy schedule even more crammed. So, I biked and biked and biked and biked. Every day this week I biked on the trainer. I've become very familiar with the 5:00am TV lineup. Today I biked for 2 hours on the trainer. I decided I needed some motivation to get me through another indoor bike ride this week so, I watched Ironman Lake Placid (still can't find Tom) and Ironman Hawaii. The 2 hours flew by. I had to stop a couple of times to blow my nose after crying. Wow, can NBC make good drama out of anything or what. It was al the motivation I needed, I felt like I could go for another 2 hours and that doesn't happen often. I had some GU after one hour and a salt tab after another 30 minutes. No other nutrition, it was a fairly short ride. I did have another realization during all the bike rides this week. I don't like that no matter how much I tie my hair up in buns and put pins an clips into it, it still loosens up some and I can feel it touch my back. It bothered me all week and became a huge focus point during every ride, so I chopped it all of. Hope I don't regret it in the morning.

No comments: