Sunday, March 25, 2007

marian, March 25th, 2007

Had a very nice run today. I woke up last Friday with a horrible sore throat. I got on the trainer in the morning and did a very easy hour. I thought I would try and run but I didn't want to push it. That evening I swam a Webster and had a good swim. On Saturday morning, not only did I have sore throat, my nose was running and I felt really tired. A few months ago I would have said, screw it, I'm pushing through it and biking for 3 hours. But, the voice in my head reminded me of what has happened every other time I do that: end up in bed for a week to sick to move. So, I sat on the couch all day, watched Borat and the Prestige on dvd, then went top bed around 9:30pm. I also drank about half a gallon of OJ, took Zicam all day and Airborne. Woke up this morning feeling great. i was scheduled to run 1:45, ended up going 2:05. So, i guess that's my lesson for the day, I can not be afraid to take day off every once in a while. One or two missed workouts every once in a while is not that bad in the long run if I really need the rest.

No comments: