Friday, May 4, 2007

Marian, May 4th, 2007

Hopefully I don't post this twice since I seem to have a tendency to do that, sorry to the readers.
Well, this week was the first Brick of the year. Holly cow did my legs feel it! It was Thursday morning which was the nicest day outside. The bike went fine, I did 14 miles and then transitioned into the run. I did it as fast as possible, had the shoes and hat together and some gel ready to go. i did run inside for a potty break before the run. The first 5 minutes were sooo hard. I know I was going quite slow but after that, I started to pick up the pace and get a little more comfortable. I kept the whole thing pretty flat. i'll do the same route on next weeks brick and see if there is any difference.
In other news, I had a message on my phone that the new cassette for bike came in. Rolando will pick it up tonight so that tomorrow, when I have to ride 4.5 hours I'll have a 27 instead of the 23 I have now. looking forward to that all day today. I never ridden with a 27, my road bike has a 25 but I've never gone more than 2 hours on it. It will be great to have it before going to bike in canandaigua next weekend and deffenetly great to have it before weekend at Lake Placid.
I'm really starting to get the butterflies in my stomach every time I look at the countdown clock, weekend at placid will relly help to settle down my anxiety and my doubts about the bike course, or who knows, maybe it will just get worse.

No comments: