Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Marian, May 29th, 2007

This past weekend was the training weekend at Lake Placid. Got there pretty late on Friday night so no biking that night. The next morning we went on our 112 mile bike ride. The weather was nice, only aarm warmers needed, no jacket or long pants. I felt like I was on a roller coaster. trying to look at the end of each road to see if the downhill was coming. We would go up and up and the a small downhill, not it. Then another small hill and a little downhill, not it. Then all of a sudden, I saw the road sign with the picture of the truck going downhill that says shift down and i heard my husbands voice saying something to the effect of having talked to god today before going down this road. I don't know, my ears started ringing. Started going down, seemed pretty short, that's because it's not over. it levels off 3 times. I did not know this, I just thought it was one straight shot. Finally made it down, started to get feeling in my hands and feet again when I see the girl taht passed me at th etop of the hill laying on the ground just a few minutes after she got hit by a car. Well, that really scared me on the second loop and I may have gone down it a little slower if it wasn't for a very nice guy on an SUV who got right behind me and a little to the left and blocked all other cars from passing me. When I got to the bottom, he had around 6 cars behind him that were unable to pass. What a nice guy. My nutrition was spot on, felt great at the end of it and went for a 20 minute run afetr the bike.
The next morning, we did one loop of the run course. I shouldn't have gone out the night before and celebrated the bike ride. The beer, the macaroni and cheese, the nachos, and the leftover pizza and garlic knots were all having a field day in my stomach. I did not feel good and had to make a run in to the Stewarts restroom before the last out and back.
In general it was a very productive weekend. learned a lot about myself and my training buddies. Can't wait until July.

No comments: