Monday, July 2, 2007

Marian, July 2nd, 2007

Wow, first day of taper and I already don't know what to do with myself. This past weekend Kitima and I, joined by Barbara, biked around Canandaigua twice and the second loop was slightly emotional. Last time seeing the familiar faces that wave and say good morning as they pick up their newspapers in their pajamas or let the dogs out or sit on their porches drinking their morning coffee. I'll miss the people at he boat lunch, our regular potty stop, when they come over and ask how far are you going and seeing their jaws drop when we reply.
Then Sunday, our last long run. We agreed to commemorate it by going a little over 3 hours. We went 3;15. not that much over but just enough to say: "this is the longest I've ever gone and I feel great". After that, boy did I need a nap. I didn't nap though, I took my old brown dog to her physical therapy since I'm trying to spend as much with her as I can, she won't be around for very long. I will look for her and my other 2 doggies and the corner of papa bear.
Well, the countdown clock is at 19 days. Makes me think of going to rehab: 19 days until your free of the shivers and panic attacks, after beign on the training high for a year.

No comments: