Sunday, November 18, 2007

TAG!

Mary just tagged me. Here are 5 randoms things about me:

1. My mom named me Kitima in anticipation of being one of the first people to receive my college diploma in Thailand. In Thailand at graduation ceremonies, diplomas are handed out alphabetically according to your FIRST name. (Mom's name begins with the last letter of the Thai alphabet so she was one of the last people in her class to receive her diploma) Mom didn't really care what my name was as along as it began with "k", the first letter of the Thai alphabet.
2. I never went to college in Thailand. Instead, I graduated from Notre Dame. When I applied, I had never heard of the Gipper, Knute Rockne, or the Fighting Irish. I applied because our Thai family friends said there was a good pre-med program.
3. When I was 5 years old, I wanted to grow up and be a Lawrence Welk singer.
4. When I was 9 years old, I read the Bible from cover to cover and declared that I wanted to be a nun even though I have never been baptized (my parents--and now I--are Buddhists).
5. I love salty, fat-laden, cured pork products and foie gras.

No comments: