Saturday, April 21, 2007

marian, April 21st, 2007

Today was the first long ride outside. I was supposed to ride 3:30 but I read next weeks training calendar instead of this weeks and thought I had to ride 4;00 hours instead, so that's what i did. I rode 4:05:51. Rolando was in Spencerport so i did not want to go too far. since it was the first ride outside i didn't want to have a problem and be 30 miles from home. So, I took my 15 mile loop that I usually do when I ride one hour and rode it 4 times. I like this loop, it has a lot of rollers and I'm never more than five miles from home. It also has a nice big pothole-free shoulder.
I decided to change up my nutrition. Last year, I trained and raced only with carbo powder in endurance gatorade. I both biked and ran usoing it. It worked great on short races and for training. But, come Musselman, after getting of the bike I was so sick of drinking it I could not get it down during the run. So, today i brought GU, water and carbo powder mixed with Endurance gatorade but not as concentrated. That way it didn't feel as thick which makes it harder to go down after about three hours. When i finished i felt great. my stomach felt really good and I never bonked. I try to switch it up next week and so on to see what the best combo is.

No comments: