Saturday, December 16, 2006

Jackie D - Week 13

Week 13 - starting Monday 11 December 2006

To tie in with another recovery week in 2 weeks time (between Christmas and New Year when we may go on holiday (vacation to you Americans)) I have been set a couple of weeks of more tough workouts with some Breakthrough stuff in them! Yippee, up to now, breakthrough workouts are things I have only read about and now I am considered ready to do them. Did I mention - Yippee.

Timing is funny though. Sometimes I can be impatient and I like to push myself (like on the group runs) but in the last couple of weeks I have been trying to mentally convince myself that what I need to do for Ironman training is low zone work……and then these weeks pop up.

So far this week I have done some funny bounding drills (I no longer get embarrassed when people pass as I am doing running drills - in fact some people have asked what I am doing!). Not quite got the hang of this yet I don’t think as I don’t feel too bunny like but can try again next week. But, even more exciting than that (can it be so?) because of the weather I am still riding OUTSIDE. I have 2 breakthrough bike rides this week - a hilly one which I did today and loved (zone 2 to 4) and another flat one going into zone 5a later in the week. My HRM seems to me more reliable (stable) on the bike. My long run goes up to 1 hour 20mins as well this week so I feel like I am really making progress.

No comments: