Saturday, December 16, 2006

Marian, Tues Nov 14th

Last week was my first recovery week since training started. It felt good totake it easy. This week we are back the tough stuff. I learned that I reallydon't know how to swim. I was reading a couple of articles on a swimmingwebsite and realized that I don't swim like anybody in the pictures that say"freestyle techniques". So, I asked around:"where are your arms when you swim?"After been shown I realized: my arms are in a very diffrent position. Theyare too straight. Maybe thats why my elbows hurt when I swim long distance.I went to the pool on Monday. I identified the good swimmers. Theres thisone guy who's really fast and swims everyday there. I got in the lane nextto him and stalked him for a few laps. I thought: "hey, he's arms are in thesame place as the ones in the pictures, not like mine at all"I started imitating him. I hope he didn't notice. Well, today my shouldersand back are very sore, but the good kind of sore. The sore you get afteryou do a new workout. I will try it again when I swim on Thursday and seehow it goes.

No comments: