Sunday, December 24, 2006

Jackie D - Week 14

Week 14 - starting Monday 18 December 2006


Wow I am really beginning to feel like an athlete. This was the second week with some breakthrough bike workouts and I even did one of them outside. Nearly Christmas and STILL riding outside!

On the biking side one of the other workouts was an hour 30 on the trainer. This was sooooooo boring - I still can’t even think about the times to come where it is likely to be 3 hours. It wasn’t helped this week by the fact that my youngest son was home sick so we put a kids movie on…..and it just wasn’t exciting enough to keep my attention.

I managed to make the masters swimming group both times this week. It is so hard to get the motivation to go swimming at 7 o’clock in the evening but once I am there I am fine. Mary has arranged a swim clinic in early January which I am looking forward to. I am kind of hoping someone will be able to pick something out from my stroke for me to work on and say “that will make a difference”. I’m a pretty competent swimmer and I can see myself improving but, it is very frustrating seeing these people, particularly men who could hardly swim a few months ago and now being as fast as I am.

Running was good this week too. I hauled my lazy…. away from the all too convenient canal towpath and went down Mendon Ponds park with the dog. It was beautiful and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The week ended with my long run with the group on Christmas eve morning. An hour 30mins which must be coming up for around the longest I have ever run. But, boy when you are wearing antlers they don’t half cause some wind resistence! I was doing about a quarter hour longer than most people today and one of the “team” turned round and started running with me when he saw I was going further alone. Thoughtful stuff like this just makes you feel warm and fuzzy and I realise what a wonderful group of people I have fallen in with with the Train-This! Team.

Next week the hours go WAY down. Mary says this is to let all the work “cook” and I will see the benefit of this rest in January. I trust her completely so will do as she says. However what with less exercise and yummy food around I am a bit concerned the scales are not going to be my friend this week.

I have just looked at a calendar and it is 30 WEEKS TO GO

No comments: